Advent Revisingis an unofficial fan patch designed to improve the cinematics of Advent Rising, replace some of the removed cutscenes, and fix various other errors in the game.
This English patch does not attempt to fix gameplay issues, but corrects common problems with movie playback such as audio desync and low framerate, and replaces content that was cut from the PC version of the game. Additionally, in-game subtitles have been completely corrected and retimed.
- 12 Xbox cutscenes and one movie file that were removed from the PC version
- Fixes to 49 of the game's 64 cutscenes
- Corrections to timing and various subtitling errors in all of the game's subtitles
- Edits to the .ini files that:
- Enable 4:3 display without the black bars
- Enable trilinear filtering and Vsync
- Bind the V key to teleport
- Bind F5 to ShowDebug
- Bind F6 to ViewBot
- Bind F7 to free camera
- Bind F8 to level skip
- Bind F9 to screenshot
- Edits to engine.int to correct a few problems with objectives
- Edits to Interface.int, EonWeapons.int, and EonPowers.int to correct some issues with weapons, weapon screens, and descriptions (including resolution-dependent issues)
|Lite Version||Full Version|
Advent Revising v1.0 (Lite) (ZIP format; 702 MB)
The lite version contains every edit described above, but only includes 18 of the modified cinematic sequences. These cinematics fix major problems such as audio desync and playback speed issues.
Advent Revising v1.0 (Fat Free) (ZIP format; 362 MB)
Advent Revising v1.0 (Full) (ZIP format; 1.5 GB)
The full version contains all 49 modified cutscenes. The extra cutscenes fix even minor issues such as noise, visual stuttering, and frames with partially-loaded content.
Use a program such as 7-zip or WinRAR to extract one of the archive files above into the main Advent Rising directory. Unless you specified a custom installation directory, this will usually be C:\Program Files\Advent Rising\
32-bit Windows C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\advent rising\
64-bit Windows C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\advent rising\
When you unzip the files into the appropriate directory, you will be prompted to replace the existing files. Click "Yes to All" to install the patch. If you're worried about being able to uninstall the patch, then you may want to make a copy of your Advent Rising directory beforehand. Note that the patch will not affect any crucial or irreplaceable files (such as save games).
If you have the Steam version, the patch can be uninstalled by validating the game cache from the game's Properties window.
You can contact Setz, the author of this patch, at the e-mail address below.